[SGVLUG] Problem with IE 7

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri May 30 11:34:41 PDT 2008

> -----Original Message----- Of Peter Fogg
>
> There is a table visible on an html page. Via JavaScript I add a row
> to the table. The added row appears in when the page is rendered in
> FireFox but does not appear when rendered in IE 7.
>
> Any thoughts?

You're worried about problems with IE on a linux list?  [sorry, just had
to point that out... ;) ]

Seriously, though, perhaps "javascript" is turned off in IE?  [maybe
this is on a per-page basis?  i.e., your "page" isn't deemed "safe
enough" to allow javascript per IE's decision tree...]

You might also ask about this in the greasemonkey forums -- true, that
is also a firefox-oriented forum, but as this is the "type of thing"
greasemonkey programmers tend to do (rewrite the page via "script"),
they may be able to shed some light on the process, which might explain
how/why it works differently on IE.