[SGVLUG] Fw: FYI: Meetup.com & PRIVACY isn't what you might think...

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Fri May 23 18:45:42 PDT 2008

The moderator of a "meetup" group that I've joined recently posted a warning message about the meetup site and how your "privacy" might not be as protected as you might think.  The actual message that was posted was quite long, and as the "group" might be considered "dubious" in certain circles [think "2600", but for non-techies...], I've been asked to excise even the references to the group itself.