[SGVLUG] [OT] Mainly for Dustin, but for others to consider aswell...

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue May 20 10:59:33 PDT 2008

Well...

> -----Original Message----- Of Dustin Laurence
>
> Emerson, Tom (*IC) wrote:
> >
> ***_http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2378/2505890215_0f8f976501.jpg_***
> >
> > *As odd as it was to see "bio-diesel" /at the pump/, the price was
> > still
> > insane...*
>
> Too bad we can't see the price in the picture.

I did try to take a photo of gas prices overall -- you can see it here:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2306/2497722458_a8a4190697_b.jpg

Though you may want to get the "full sized" photo, which can be found
here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starman9x/2497722458/sizes/l/in/set-7215760
5088666470/

>From what I can read:

  Diesel            1.319
  Benzine [regular] 1.419
  ??? [mid grade?]  1.419
  ??? Plus          1.439
  LPG-AUTOGAS        .709
  ???-diesel        1.309

I'm thinking that last item is the bio-diesel.  Searching for "price of
biodiesel in germany" reveals a couple of sites noting that about a year
ago a subsidy was removed and biodiesel is now taxed "at the same rate
as regular diesel", which is pretty much killing the industry [example:
http://www.news.com/8301-11128_3-9852074-54.html]

Also check this link: http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-6158550-7.html