[SGVLUG] LUG BBQ

Chris Louden chris at chrislouden.com
Thu May 15 13:42:07 PDT 2008

Sorry for my delay replying to this.

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Jason Riker <jasonrkr at charter.net> wrote:
> Group,
>
> In this post I'm responding to a couple of different BBQ response posts.
>
> Miguel, if you're willing to take on managing the To-Bring list, I'd
> really appreciate it.
>
> Chris, I love the idea of making it a multi-lug event, like SCLUG does
> each year.

Are you referring to SCALE? or do they have another event?

> As far as dates go, how much advance notice do people need?  I think
> knowing that would help determine an appropriate date.
>
> Lastly, my wife doesn't mind me hosting the BBQ at our place.  Chris
> mentioned maybe having it in a park, which I'm not opposed to, but I can
> at least offer wifi, although only one bathroom.   :-)

We _might_ be able to provide wifi in a park/elsewhere to everyone.
Have to consult with someone. It depends on the availability of one
person (not I) and being able to locate a power outlet at the
park/elsewhere.

> So, where do we go from here?

Good question, I have forward the other BBQ thread suggesting the 6/21
to a friend of mine. He and I each host a LUG and we plan things
together quite often.

Perhaps a wiki page where those interested in attending can list what
they can bring or need.