[SGVLUG] [OT]Hybrids and trains (was fuel prices and the dollar)

Christopher Smith x at xman.org
Wed May 14 13:42:40 PDT 2008

I blogged about this phenomena a fair while back:

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-NGG_XKMyebVXpbF6EpCU?p=193

That said, oil production levels aren't growing too quickly these days,
so energy conservation measures (particularly significant ones, like
driving less and/or driving more fuel efficient vehicles) really are the
most effective way for us to alter the supply/demand situation in the
short term. In the long term, you need some other source of energy (see:
http://google.org/rec.html) to become more cost effective than
petrochemicals to really have a lasting impact.

--Chris