[SGVLUG] [OT]Hybrids and trains (was fuel prices and the dollar)

Chris Louden chris at chrislouden.com
Wed May 14 12:01:54 PDT 2008

This may be over my head. I not the sharpest tool in the shed. I would
think regardless of energy consumed/spent that there are other
factors, such as the byproduct to be accounted for. Grated at some
level of consumption of energy the byproduct of producing that energy
may out way what the cars emit. Basically even if the cars only
release water if the energy needed to make the cars get them into use
was in excess of gas cars put out then we really didn't fix anything.
We just changed the source of where the bad stuff comes from.