[SGVLUG] [OT]Hybrids and trains (was fuel prices and the dollar)

Dan Borne danborne.kde at gmail.com
Wed May 14 08:12:26 PDT 2008

I applaud your letter, I think it is a good thing to say especially since
the only thing I hear about conservation of any sort is people driving a
Toyota Prius (which is a quite flawed method of "conservation" when one
considers that around 70% of the energy a car produces is used to push the
air past the front of the vehicle and it has one of the largest drags
thereof) . I am still confused thought how a plane is more efficient than a
train; doesn't a jet engine burn 10, 11 gallons of fuel a second.