[SGVLUG] recommend a hosting provider

Jeff Keys jskeys at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:04:16 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Charles N Wyble <charles at thewybles.com>
wrote:

> I have never personally hosted with dreamhost, even with many many offers
> of free hosting from various conferences etc. I use vpsland.com who
> provides me with CPU/RAM/drive space/bandwidth and I do everything else.
>  Not sure if Dreamhost offers virtual slice hosting or not.  I pay 15.00 a
> month for this service, and a dollar a month for extra IP addresses.

Charles,

After reading this thread, I am thinking of trying vpsland.com. I have had a
domain hosted for about 8 years that costs me almost that much. I liked it
for the high bandwidth and shell access. But lately the shell access has
gone by the wayside--they have VPS now too, but at  a higher price. One
question--for $15, you get 192 Mb of RAM. Is that enough to comfortably run
a LAMP server?

jeff