[SGVLUG] Reasons why people are leaving Yahoo...

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 12:42:12 PST 2008

Hi,

>.. I do think Yahoo Groups has been underdeveloped for at
> least the last 5 years, but the community is still frighteningly
> significant.

I would be happy if yahoo groups could just
remain functional on a basic level...

The part that I am always surprised at is that
my yahoo email still tags as spam some of the
posts I publish on a yahoo group, or replies
to such posts.

Also a number of yahoo group invites get
blocked by microsoft and AOL, as well
as the posts once the user has subscribed.

Yes this is largely due to anti-spam messures,
but there are a number of solutions which could
have been taken

when the posts stop going out, stop going to
subscribers, there's obviously a failure
just to keep the basics functioning, then
who really cares about new features??

WORSE is the threat that microsoft would
take over.... after recalling the issues
I had w/hotmail and the like, I decided
that I would just use yahoo.

As a user, I really don't want MS to take
over as I suspect that they would provide
inferior service and offerings.

matti