[SGVLUG] Linux laptop

John Wang red744t at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 23:13:35 PST 2008

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a laptop
replacement for my trusty thinkpad t23.  I can't run
Stellarium on the T23 at a reasonable speed.  I don't
think T23's video card has opengl.  The requirements
is that it be made outside of China ( a few other
countries are also on the list, but China is the only
one making laptops that I know of), a SXGA+ screen or
better.   A major plus for UXGA and trackpoints.  I
don't mind used laptops.

I've heard of the elusive pre Lenovo T42p that are
made outside of China but am having trouble locating
one. . . .

thanks,

John