[SGVLUG] FW: Hard drive question

Matt Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:53:06 PST 2008

Hi Claude,  thanks for your response.

It is a LaCie external USB drive.  The drive seemed to be working properly,
but after removing many small files from it I decided to do a quick format
to clean out the filesystem.  The format failed about half way through due
to 'an unknown error'.  I have not been able to get it to format under
Windows since.  It works fine under Linux, some may ask 'so what is the
problem?'.

The device has external power.  There is no solution yet as I am slammed at
work (working to 4:00am and back to work by 10:00 with 2 hours of commute in
there somewhere) and haven't had a chance to look at it.

Matt