[SGVLUG] March Speaker confirmed...

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 19:41:22 PST 2008

Thanks for posting this up on the CalTech calendar, Claude. I´m hoping this
is enough info:
========================
Ronald Stewart DJ Remixer - Factor 3 Records, Tommy Boy Records, Bullet
Proof Records, One of the first
beta testers for Digidesign's Pro Tools.

Indamixx is a spin off of my original open source DAW project Trinity.
Trinity was created out of the need to have a small computer and an on-board
audio card
in a small form factor.  I was shocked that an actual full-featured
portable recording studio had yet to make it in the market.  I wanted
one for the reason that if you live your entire career in the studio
sometimes you just want to take your tracks with you to work on your
music without having a customer standing right over you.  I wanted
something nimble and powerful without compromise, something that I
could use to pull off a remix at the beach or walking around.

When I started doing research for what is available in the world to
pull this portable DAW off the proprietary world offered zero to me in
the form of customizing, versatility, and openness.  A friend of mine
said 'you are going to get so sued' because I wanted a portable Pro
tools device or hand held studio for me, a  Remixer.  Linux was
perfect for my goals and I had remembered guys coming into the studios
in 1995 and 1996 telling us about Linux and Pro Audio in the future,
but I was so locked into bondage with Digidesign and the others, plus
I was making money with all of my equipment so I didn't care that I
was literally 'in chains'.

I knew two things:
1) I wanted a portable no nonsense recording studio on the go and if I
wanted one there must be others.
2) Linux and the power of the Linux Community would allow me to do
this without looking over my shoulder.  With Linux I was sold!

Other Remixes by Ronald Stewart
Electric Avenue - Flashback Remix 1992 - we sampled Billie Jean and
The Beat Club's Security for this track.  This was later re-released
on Sony 5/50?
3AM Eternal - KLF
Hip Hop Be Bop - Man Parrish
Bizarre Inc. - Megamix - Columbia records
Kris Kross megamix - Ruffhouse/Columbia
Everyday People - Arrested Development

Fantastic Voyage - Coolio (acid jazz remix)
Guru with Ndea Davenp[ort - Trust Me
Award Tour - Tribe Called Quest - (Bus Stop Mix - 'Last night a DJ
saved my life')
That's the way love goes - Janel Jackson - Virgin
You to be Happy with Biggie Smalls - R. Kelly.
Here Comes the Hot Stepper - Inikamoze
Right Here - SWV (House Mix)
Love and Pride - Paul King
and many more