[SGVLUG] GREAT NEWS!

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 12:32:28 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Christopher Smith <x at xman.org> wrote:
> Miguel Hernandez wrote:
>>
>> The good news: 2 great products were released today- Firefox 3 & Wine 1.0
>> (woohoo!)
>>
>> The bad news: both their servers are getting hammered & I haven't been
>> able to connect. :(
>>
>> I imagine I'll have to wait to do my late-night downloads as I think both
>> will be super busy until the wee hours of the evening.
>
> I have to say, I'm a little confused as to why the Firefox folks didn't go
> with a torrent based download.

The weird thing is that there was some project by the firefox guys to
"set Guinness World Record by pledging to download Firefox 3" all on
one day as Download day 2008. It might be hard to set a record with
bit-torrent, maybe I am out of the loop but is there a way to count
downloads with bittorrent?