LUG Your Junk (was Re: [SGVLUG] Good monitor repair shop)

jmd jmd8800 at charter.net
Sat Jun 7 09:33:27 PDT 2008

> I think there is a weight limit for one person to dispose of, probably
> to discourage businesses from dumping stuff.  That would be an annoyance
> unless they made an exception for us, as we're just collecting up from
> individuals.  They actually might, provided we talked to the right
> person and not a know-nothing 'phone droid.

when i was dealing in used computer parts this often came up. the weight
limit was 100lbs. while a disposal place might place a limit on how much
weight can be disposed of, the *transportation* of over 100lbs requires
permits if i remember correctly.

a pickup truck full off CRTs that overturns on the 134 fwy poses a
problem.

unless you are gaming or involved with high end graphics i would wonder
the benefits of repairing a CRT. CRTs consume much more electricity than
flat panels.

jeff