[SGVLUG] FW: SGVLUG Talk Summary [August meeting]

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Jul 30 18:15:30 PDT 2008

OK, I'm a little remiss for not posting this the *instant* I received
it, but for those of you wondering what's up for next month, here's the
what we got:

-----Original Message----- of Jason Riker

Here's the information for this month's presentation.  Would you please
forward this to Claude so he can post it to the Caltech paper?

[TE: Claude -- consider this forwarded...]

-----Original Message----- of Neal Bussett
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 06:00:45PM -0700, Jason Riker wrote:
> Were you able to get a speaker bio and talk summary prepared?

Nathan and I have come up with our bios and summary.  Let us know if
anyone has any issues they want covered, we'll be coming up with the
specifics of the talk soon. Is it a safe assumption that we'll have a
projector available?

Summary/Bio are appended.

Neal Bussett
Ubuntu California

Nathan Haines is a computer consultant and instructor who enjoys
programming in Python and is a member of the California Ubuntu LoCo
team.  Neal Bussett is an Electrical Engineer and leader of the
California Ubuntu LoCo team.  Both are Ubuntu Members and advocates of
Free software.

Ubuntu is the said to be the biggest thing in desktop Linux at the
moment, but Neal and Nathan are here to cut through the hype and show
you how Ubuntu can simplify your life and make your computer more fun
and simple to use for everyday tasks.  They will discuss various aspects
of Ubuntu, from the basics of everyday system maintence, to how to
customize your system.  They will also cover the differences that make
Ubuntu unique from Debian and other distros; and the differences and
benefits of the various flavors that make up the Ubuntu family.

[TE: for Neal: yes, we have a projector, and at least one wired port for
internet access.  We generally bring a wireless access point as well]