[SGVLUG] wireless effect

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 08:20:13 PDT 2008

I don't know why I am even responing to this but here goes.

1.) you don't need to use lead, if your router has no option in it's
interface to shut off wifi(say you have one of those 2wire dsl
modem/router combos and so you don't/can't replace it with a non-wifi
router) any metal surface will work. So people tin foil suggestion
would block the signal just wrap the antenna.

2.) 2.4ghz can't travel through water very well(that is why microwave
ovens use 2.4ghz to cook buy heating water), so say the mosture in the
outer layers your skin are going to stop the radiation.

3.) We are talking less the 1 Watts of output most likely
300-500mWatts of output signal. Just for comparison your cell phone is
like 60-150Watts. In fact a new medical study the thinks cell phones
are bad for you suggested that you use a bluetooth headset to lessen
your exposure(bluetooth is at 2.4ghz and about the same power levels
as most wifi)