[SGVLUG] wireless effect

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 01:33:20 PDT 2008

Hi,

since others have discussed some of this already,
I'll add items which I have not noticed as
brought up.

1) routers and dsl "modems" are available in
NON-WiFi (wireless) versions.

2) on at least many models you can disable
the wireless/WiFi

3) in general, if you are worried about radiation,
you can put more distance between you and the "radiator"

4) location/arrangement of the antennae make a
difference ( removing it as suggested will reduce
the radiation/signal )

5) Lead is available in various places...
even ebay ( search Lead Ingots ). you can
form the lead into what you want I guess..
[ note, you may want 2 read up on lead poisoning
before working with lead.. ]

if you really don't want a wireless router just
go for option (1)

best
matti