[SGVLUG] Off-topic - Hans Reiser article - murder trial

Rae Yip rae.yip at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:45:06 PDT 2008

Hi Dustin,

While I agree with you about Hans, are you actually suggesting that
postmodern relativism is the direct result of Socratic philosophy, and
that this is responsible for all our woes? And what is 'traditional
ethics' if Classical ethics isn't it?

Perhaps I am not parsing your statement correctly, but I tend to
disagree. Let's not throw the (admittedly very old) baby out with the
bathwater. Better education *can* help with the problem in general, if
not in the specific case of Reiser. I'll be happy to discuss this
privately with you.

-Rae.