[SGVLUG] conferences, conferences...

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 01:50:02 PST 2008

Hi!

I just wanted to pass along a few conferences which
maybe of interest....

SoCal Code Camp
at Cal State Fullerton on January 26th & 27th 2008.
[ looks heavy into MS products...
http://www.socalcodecamp.com/

SCALE
To be held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 8-10, 2008 at the
Westin Los Angeles Airport
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/
[ a gotta go folks!! great deal.

ok, I didn't take time to sort these... but
they seem interesting... check them out, some
very interesting ones... (see below)

best
matti

usenix conferences
--------------------------
http://www.usenix.org/events/

LSF '08
2008 Linux Storage & Filesystem Workshop
February 25–26
San Jose, CA
[ back to back w/ the below..

FAST '08
6th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies
February 26–29
San Jose, CA

[ these 4 looked like one big bundle potential ..
UPSEC '08
Usability, Psychology, and Security 2008
April 14
San Francisco, CA

LEET '08
First USENIX Workshop on Large-Scale Exploits and Emergent Threats
April 15
San Francisco, CA

WOWCS '08
Workshop on Organizing Workshops, Conferences, and Symposia for
Computer Systems
April 15
San Francisco, CA

NSDI '08
5th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design & Implementation
April 16–18
San Francisco, CA

[ the following 4 look bundled also...
EVT '08
2008 USENIX/ACCURATE Electronic Voting Technology Workshop
July 28–29
San Jose, CA

WOOT '08
2nd USENIX Workshop on Offensive Technologies
July 28
San Jose, CA

USENIX Security '08
17th USENIX Security Symposium
uly 28–August 1
San Jose, CA

HotSec '08
3rd USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Security
July 29
San Jose, CA

Digium/Asterisk
--------------------------
Digium|Asterisk World
March 17, 2008 - March 20, 2008
McEnery Convention Center
San Jose, CA — USA
Booth: D-1013
http://www.digium.com/en/events/viewevent/66
www.digiumasteriskworld.com

O Reilly has a number of interesting ones...
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/
the ones in Calif:

O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference 2008
March 3-6, 2008
San Diego, CA

Graphing Social Patterns West 2008
March 3-4, 2008
San Diego, CA

MySQL Conference and Expo
Co-presented by O'Reilly Media and MySQL AB
April 14-17, 2008
Santa Clara, CA

Web 2.0 Expo
Co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology
April 22-25, 2008
San Francisco, CA

Where 2.0 2008
May 12-14, 2008
Burlingame, CA
[ Remember, there's typically a google conference the
[ DAY before this one which is related... hmmm...
[ lol, it's really hard to find the info from Google,
[ i recall it happening last year.. hmmm...

Velocity Web Performance and Operations Conference 2008
June 23 - 24, 2008
Burlingame, CA