[SGVLUG] GNU Bulletins (old) to give away

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Wed Jan 16 22:59:20 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 06:58:57PM -0800, Matt Wette wrote:
> David Lawyer wrote:
> >I've got several old "GNU's Bulletin" from 1986-1996 with many issues
> >missing.  I may throw them away since I think they are on the
> >Internet, at least the first one is (Vol. 1, No.  1, February 1986).
> >But does this first issue on the Internet show the picture of Stallman in
> >armor riding on the back of the GNU beast?
>
> http://www.gnu.org/bulletins/
The issues here don't show Stallman's wild ride on the cover (as least
from the word decription of the image and the first two issues are
text files: .txt).  The gnu is an African antelope AKA wildebeest
(sic).  It's not for riding on and Stallman would be too heavy for it
but the drawings on the cover of these bulletins show him in armor
doing just that.  Perhaps today this kind of humor would be
politically incorrect.  So GNU has more than one meaning.

			David Lawyer