[SGVLUG] undefined reference to shared object

Don Saxton dsaxton at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 14 19:51:28 PST 2008

I am compiling asterisk with app_rxfax, but at the link stage I get
"undefined reference" for functions I know are in libspandsp.so.

I don't know how the linker confirms that the functions, etc are in the
library.  Intuitively I think that the /usr/include/spandsp header files
define the interface of the library, however that is not buying me much
in trying to fix the problem..

Is it true that the linker needs those header files and is not finding them?
Can I add something to linker options to correct this?

Thanks