[SGVLUG] Forgot to mention about the 5.25 --> present conversion

bobjaffray at juno.com bobjaffray at juno.com
Fri Feb 22 20:47:10 PST 2008

-- "Emerson, Tom (*IC)" <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
We don't need any actual 5.25" drives -- we have access to those -- the problem is that the BIOS on his motherboard /doesn't/ /have/ /5.25/ /support/!!!
BJ: What I discovered is that the option of booting
from a floppy doesn't show up unless the USB floppy
is connected. My boot order is CD/DVD, USB floppy,
HD.

(OTOH, did they ever make a 5.25" USB floppy drive?
BJ: Yep. Still use it with a RedHat 5.0 floppy system for quick edits
That should work, but I think finding that is going to be harder than finding a needle in a haystack...)
BJ: You can borrow mine. My phone is 248-9306 and you are not
too far away.
Bob