[SGVLUG] Looking for "ancient" data retrieval/conversion

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Feb 22 11:46:51 PST 2008

"ancient" as in "just a few years ago..." you could still get computers
with 5-1/4" floppy drives as "standard", now they are non-existant.
Unfortunately, my dad has some stuff on "old" media that he needs to
access, and, well, he doesn't have a computer "that old" anymore.  While
I have systems that old, they've gathered so much dust that I'm not sure
(a) where they are, and (b) if the drive would work "reliably".

So, here's an opportunity for someone: would anyone be willing to copy
data from 5-1/4 floppies to something a little more current?  [note: I
don't know the volume involved, but I got the impression it wasn't
terribly much]  If so, contact me off-chat [osnut at pacbell.net or
tom.emerson at wbconsultant.com]