[SGVLUG] [OT] Could use some domain advice

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:43:25 PST 2008

Thanks for taking the time, Tom. It's funny 'cuz the situation you mention
(site that searches & finds the site & will negotiate it for you for a fee)
is EXACTLY what I had in mind when I said "seedy" company.

About the typosquatting thing, I recall a story about a Chinese entrepreneur
who was making millions a year by doing this. One of the things he was doing
was buying all of Cameroon's domain names (.cm) 'cuz so many ppl make that
mistake when typing in '.com.' I forget where I saw that but it might've
been on CNBC. Questionable business model for darn sure!

--miguel