[SGVLUG] [OT] Could use some domain advice

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:23:53 PST 2008

So I've never bought/bid for a domain that I wanted but was currently taken.
Does anyone here have any good/bad experiences w/domain bidding sites (ie,
sedo.com). I'd like to get my desired site but I don't want to deal with any
seedy/questionable organizations. Additionally, money's kinda tight so I'm
not going to be bidding $500 on it or nothing extravagant like that.

If folks are curious, the domain is for an open source advocacy-type
resource project that I'm trying to spearhead.

Thanks in advance for any info/expertise you folks provide,
--miguel