[SGVLUG] OT: txt messaging super cheap 4 telcos but not 4 u

Stan Slonkosky stan.ke6zc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 23:54:44 PST 2008

On one of his recent podcasts, Leo Laporte said he'd calculated the
cost. If all of your messages used every character allowed, the cost
was around $1500 per megabyte.

I very seldom use text messaging because of the cost.

That's why I got very irritated when I started receiving the "Joke of
the Day" (which was even funny) a little over a year ago. VZW billed
me a $9.99 monthly premium charge plus whatever the rate was for
messages at the time. I called VZW and got those charges removed and a
few weeks ago, I receive a check for $9.99 as the result of a class
action suit someone had filed against Mobijoke.
--
Stan Slonkosky