[SGVLUG] Potential meeting topic: ¨Linux OS Bake-off¨

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Dec 17 17:10:47 PST 2008

I can see two parts to this -- the "here are the cool features that *I* like..." and a "who can do this better/faster/easier?" session where folks in the audience call out a task and the "contestants on stage" race to accomplish it first.  (of course, the more obscure the task, the better -- not much point in seeing who can "google for bacon wrapped hot dogs" the fastest...)

And, of course, while being "obscure", they should be "real world" tasks -- such as identifying and/or removing duplicate "media" files (songs, photographs, movies, etc.) or renaming several files at once to use a sequence number (i.e., all the "photos" you took on a given date should be sequenced for that date...)

anyone have a 4-port KVM switch handy?  (or at least "just video"?)