[SGVLUG] Scareware scammers - sold fake AV software

Martin Huh martinhuh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:21:22 PST 2008

Hi all again,

Sorry for my truncated message that was sent prematurely by a mistake,
triggered by pushing a wrong button while I was writing, using my
iPhone and while lying down on bed. This is a continuation for that
letter.

Two weeks ago one of my computers was infected with a rogue Spyware
called "Antispyware Knight",  which keeps sending me a popup message
prompting me to download/buy their software every time I click on the
screen. Because the computer was crippled, I eventually had to have
the infected computer to be dismantled and to have Windows
reinstalled, at a cost of $ 250 and with the consequent losses of some
data. I was so mad that these crooks let me waste so much times and
energy, NOT once but three times in the past 5 to 6 years.

I hope that the FCC's request for the restraining order results in the
rooting out of these warped criminal minds.

Cheers

Martin

Sent from my iPhone