[SGVLUG] Scareware scammers - sold fake AV software

Martin Huh martinhuh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 04:41:47 PST 2008

Hi all,

Thanks for the info on the Scareware/Spyware, Mattie. In fact I have
been a vitim of these malicious Spyware/Addware 3 times in the past
years. And I have been wondering why the computer community and the
government  have been letting these crooks commit the crime for so long.

I am so glad that the FCC has finally acted on behalf of the public.

By my profession, I had to use two operating systems - Windows and
Linux, so I have been more prone to the infection with these Scareware/
Spyware than anybody at SGVLUG. I've got 3 computers, all installed
with both Linux and Windows: one for work, the other for personal use
and  a laptop.

I am so glad that the FCC has finally acted on behalf of the public.
In fact I have been a victim of these Scareware four times for the
past several years. So I had to reinstall my Windows with the losses
of my data. I normally have three computers

Sent from my iPhone