[SGVLUG] Great presentation last night

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Fri Dec 12 09:57:23 PST 2008

Robert Leyva wrote:
> Great presentation last night; I really enjoyed it.
>
> With my new understanding on how easy it is to have someone compromise WEP
> and WPA, I will make sure to use hardwired PC for my Xmas shopping, and
> not use my wireless :)

Let's not continue spreading the myth of wireless not being secure.

Picking a strong passphrase significantly raises the bar. Lots of guides
on the net for that.

Using SSL should be mandatory regardless of what your local lan medium is.

Your more likely to get hit with a Cross Site Scripting vuln then you
are by a
war driver, or someone will hack the vendor you use.

*rolls eyes*