[SGVLUG] Problems with dual head with KDE 4.1

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 13:00:32 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Dan Borne <danborne.kde at gmail.com> wrote:
> Claude, I am also using 4,1 on Mandriva 2009 and I am not having any
> problems.. admittedly I did install 2009 as an upgrade.
>
> Just my two pence,
>
> Dan

I haven't had a chance to upgrade my desktop at work so it's still
running Mandriva 2007.1.  I figured it was too old to try an upgrade
so I did a fresh install in the spare partition.  I do this about
every other year at work and on the fileserver at home but I usually
try out newer stuff on my laptop more often.  Pretty much all of my
machines have a spare OS partition so I can quickly swap back and
forth.

Anyway, I forgot to add that when I go back to KDE 3.5 on the other
partition with the MergedFB configuration, when I run KDE Panel, there
are options regarding the 2nd monitor.  I can enable Xinerama, there's
an 'Identify' button that will put the big "1" and "2" on each
monitor.   When I run KDesktop, again, it knows about multiple screens
- its lets me change the backgrounds either across all screen, a
specific one or each one.   I don't see the same options with KDE 4.1.

Do you see these options on your system?

claude