[SGVLUG] Why Microsoft cozied up to open source at OSCON

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 00:07:15 PDT 2008

fyi -

Why Microsoft cozied up to open source at OSCON
http://www.linux.com/feature/143771

this was interesting...
http://blogs.oreilly.com/digitalmedia/2003/07/oscon-microsoft-lunch-humor.html

"The irony of all this is that I think Microsoft is at risk of missing out on the next generation of developers. What's in use at the hot startups these days? Hint: it's not about VB, C# and .Net. Even startups by ex-Microsoft folks at companies like iLike are using the LAMP stack. I think for a lot of developers, Microsoft is less and less relevant. Which is a shame."
[ from
http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2008/07/microsoft_at_os.html?source=rss ]

I am NOT certain if MS is losing mind share with
developers, as I see a LOT of developers at various
Microsoft events...

more on the MS Participate 08 at OSCON
[ this is long.. detailed.. read only if you want "minutes".. ]
http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/07/oscon_pt_21_par.html

best
matti