[SGVLUG] When big medical company IT starts to get it about Linux

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Fri Aug 1 09:01:16 PDT 2008

Reading memos like the one I am going to mention warm my heart, as it came
from the office of the chief architect at a very large national healthcare
company in July. It makes me think that more and more mainstream and
non-dot-com companies are starting to 'get it' ==>

"There are two primary business value propositions in driving CENSORED
toward a LINUX standard environment:
  (1) LINUX is an open system platform that is supported across all tiers
of compute hardware including mainframe, midrange and x86, providing the
business greater flexibility for compute power in an ‘on demand’
environment as opposed to platform-based silos for each application need
  (2) LINUX has the potential to provide significant cost savings to
CENSORED by enabling the ‘commoditization’ of server hardware and
reducing dependence on vendor specific hardware solutions. "

--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Francis Bacon

Robert Leyva
mrflash818 at geophile.net