[SGVLUG] OT: portable air conditioners

Mic Chow zen at netten.net
Thu Apr 24 18:20:00 PDT 2008

Claude,

Are you looking at something like these?
http://www.superair.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

What they are calling Ductless Mini split Air Conditioners are used all
over Hong Kong because of the lack of space.  They essentially are
window units on steroids.  They require permanent mounting, but they
work quite well and as far as the room side is concern, they are not
really visible.  I have seen the Portable Air Conditioners units at a
lot of the smaller mom & pop restaurant and they usually need a tube,
but according to the specs on this website several models have their own
evaporators and dehumidifier built in.  Since this is SoCal and there is
very little humidity anyway, it should work.

Hope this helps.

Mic
North Hollywood, CA
N34° 8'33.02"