[SGVLUG] Harddrive Recovery Firms

Mic Chow zen at netten.net
Thu Apr 24 18:05:18 PDT 2008

The version of Spinrite that I have does not recognize the damaged
drive.  I am pretty sure this is because the motherboard can not
recognize that there is a drive connected; again I have it connected via
ATA/IDE instead of USB.  I have retried leaving the damaged drive
connected on the ATA/IDE connector and booting from a Live CD of Knoppix
5.01.  This time even the kernel can not recognize the drive.  dmesg
shows nothing, qparted shows nothing, and neither does sfdisk.

Am I down to the expensive option?

Mic
North Hollywood, CA
N34° 8'33.02"