[SGVLUG] We're in the wrong business... [linux training from HP]

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Apr 16 13:42:37 PDT 2008

At the microsoft launch event, one of the vendors grabbing names-to-spam
was HP -- I just got their "brochure" of what's available [1 meg pdf, in
case anyone wants a copy -- email me direct] and of course a link to
their site. [http://www.hp.com/education]

They actually have a page devoted to Linux, with essentially two main
tracks:

  fundamentals --> admin I --> admin II  --+
  basics for HP-UX/Solaris Admins --> linux troubleshooting

Just looking at their online page for Admin II [focuses on networked
services], the 5-day "Remotely Assisted Instructor Lead" [RAIL] course
is $2500.

http://www.hp.com/education/courses/h7092s.html

It does cover quite a few topics, from the truly basic [DNS/bind], to
the expected [APACHE] and mundane [FTP] as well as some less obvious
ones [LDAP/OPENLDAP, Samba, SMTP "theory", and apache /security/]

I could probably teach most of it, I just don't know how I can convince
people to pay me $500/day per person to do it :)