[SGVLUG] What software is this?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:12:16 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Matt Campbell <dvdmatt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't seen a desktop like this on Fedora, is this SuSE specific?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYc5ErE_R60
>
> Matt

Not exactly sure what you are referring to.  The eye candy or the
window manger or the wallpaper or what?  Looks like it might be
running a compositing window manager like compiz.  Mandrake has had it
for a few years now so I know it's not limited to SuSE.  I use it on
my laptop but not on my desktops as I prefer dual monitors.  Check
this wikipedia article for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiz

Oh, looks like the beryl fork has a picture of it running on fedora:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryl_(window_manager)