[SGVLUG] FYI - MS Heroes event in Anaheim 4/8 get MS sw w/o paying

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 15:28:58 PDT 2008

> Yes.  The bits that the EULA forbids the licensee to enter into a
> computer are not Open Source bits, but those that are "too much like"
> some that Microsoft supplies.  How much "like" is an exercise for the
> reader.  Exact copies?  Anything that works the same?  Anything with
> the same "look and feel"?  As far as I know, this issue is still not
> fully settled in the courts, and Microsoft benefits because of the
> chilling effect this ambiguity has on others.

Isn't that due to the nature of putting lawyers into the
business of making our laws???

If things were obviously "black and white" we won't
need nearly as many lawyers in our society.

best
matti

ps - and don't try to claim I am not an advocate
of Open Source, anyone who knows me knows well
enough about where I stand on this.