[SGVLUG] OT: TED talks / hydrogen fuel, etc.

Chris Louden chris at chrislouden.com
Thu Apr 3 11:51:08 PST 2008

There are some really amazing talks.

Jill Taylor studies the brain and woke up one morning to find she was
having a stroke. http://www.ted.com/index.php/speakers/view/id/203

Some speakers work off one another.
Rick Warren talks on creationism http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/71
Daniel Dennett responds with an Evolution talk
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/94
Regardless of which you believe both speakers give good talks and are
their to inspire thought and debate.

There are so many good talks. Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Tony Robins,
Richard Branson, Rickard Dawkins, Peter Gabriel, Bono, Alan Kay.... it
just goes on and on with interesting people.

Talks about the Enviornment, AIDS, creativity, Consciousness,
Religion. I listened to one yesterday about an MIT researcher that was
trying help prevent kids in developing countries under the age of 5
from dying from respiratory infections caused by breathing in the
fumes from dirty charcoal used to cook food for the family.