[SGVLUG] OT: TED talks / hydrogen fuel, etc.

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Apr 3 10:49:14 PST 2008

> -----Original Message----- Of Chris Louden
>
> Recently I began listening/watching various TED talks
> (http://www.ted.com). I have been getting them from iTunes as
> they are available for FREE.

"right now", there is an item on that page labelled "ideas from our
sponsor" which when clicked brings up a standalone window to play the
video.  The discussion is about hydrogen as a fuel and what "we" [as a
world] have to do to make it's use a reality.  Unfortunately, the "link"
is

http://www.ted.com/#

Which you'll note is actually the main page itself -- doing a little
digging into the page source, I found:

http://static.videoegg.com/ted/movies/KLAUSTOPFER_high.flv

And

http://static.videoegg.com/ted/flash/fullscreen.html, which should load
the player along with the video...

As it is a "sponsored" video, the last minute or so is a BMW ad for
their hydrogen car, which is a typical car advert -- great scenery, zero
information save for the name of the car itself...