[SGVLUG] OT Bear Stearns & Housing Bubble (was: This is at least tangentially Linux related)

Chris Louden chris at chrislouden.com
Thu Apr 3 08:14:24 PST 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 8:47 PM, David Lawyer <dave at lafn.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 10:20:43AM -0700, matti wrote:
>  > [snip]
>  > What's next!?!? Bears Stearns back to $150 a share??
>
>  I wrote a critical review of James Kunstler's book: The Long Emergency.
>  See http://www.lafn.org/~dave/energy/long_emergency.html
>  But I can't seem to get any response from him.  He writes an

Recently I began listening/watching various TED talks
(http://www.ted.com). I have been getting them from iTunes as they are
available for FREE.  There are a lot available and even more that have
not been made available yet. I've listened to about 100ish of the
300ish I have downloaded. James Kunstler has been one of my favorites
so far. He totally ripped into the architectural aspects of a city
building in Boston.  I noted from his talks are that he is definitely
an "east coast" personality. I think he is from Albany but don't
recall at the moment. In any case I highly recommend his and all of
the TED talks. It is great to hear people speak in detail on issues I
care about but may not fully understand. However I have listened to
some speakers I completely disagree with and I must say it was nice to
hear another point of view.

As a side note I would like to hear "off list" from anyone who may be
interested in participating in a book review website.

Chris