[SGVLUG] This is at least tangentially Linux related

Christopher Smith x at xman.org
Tue Apr 1 14:46:18 PST 2008

Thanks Miguel! If I need a party pooper I'll call you up first thing! ;-)

Seriously folks, the subject line was actually quite informative. It
basically gave you every reason to think that the link was at best
barely Linux related and almost certainly a waste of one's time, but
perhaps amusing (and looking at the calendar might have given you a clue
about the nature of the link). Instead, it turns out to be the gift that
keeps on giving... at least until Miguel comes along!

If you look at the link, it clearly points to the Daily Telegraph, which
should give you some notion as to the quality of the source. The best
elements of it are video, so you *don't* want to look at it on dialup.

I am sorry if you find my contributions to the group lacking, but that
is probably a good indication that you don't share my sense of humour
and therefore won't enjoy the link in any way. So once again, everything
worked out as best as it possible could. Folks who were likely to get
something out of the experience likely did, and the rest were
undoubtedly pleased at having a chance to be indignant in public. In the
future, I recommend the latter group mark their calendars for 4/1 and
generally ignore the Internet on that day, as it will be filled with
time wasting content that is intended to be value free and funny, but
probably not to them.

--Chris

P.S.: Miguel, in all seriousness. Thanks for trying to defend me.