[SGVLUG] Caltech Club Fair Sat 9/29, promoting SGVLUG

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 11:18:39 PDT 2007

Hi!

We need more Caltech and JPLers to join our
group (as well as others of course ;)

I would love to see the SGVLUG listed also as a
caltech club. Do we have anyone from Caltech
that CAN have us listed as a club?

This Sat there is a club fair at Caltech, and
if we were an official club we could get a table
to recruit more people to join us.

http://www.studentlife.caltech.edu/events/Carnival2007/site/

If you live nearby, the fair is a nice visit, and
each year recently they've bring out BOB, Caltech's
DARPA challenge vehicle...

Even if we don't get a table as an official club,
it would be great if anyone here can help go there
and recruit a few more people to join us.

Last year I made a few flyers for our meeting and
passed them out to those manning club tables which
seemed like they maybe interested. (engineering, CS,.. )

I don't know if I will have much time this year
to do that. Perhaps...

reference
http://www.studentlife.caltech.edu/events/Carnival2007/site/

http://studentlife.caltech.edu/events/Carnival2007/site/clubregistration/registration.asp

btw -

http://studentlife.caltech.edu/events/Carnival2007/site/faq.asp

"Is wireless Internet available at the loction?
The Beckman Mall area appears to have limited Wi-Fi coverage via the
IMSS network, but it is not the strongest signal in the world, and
therefore not reliable. There are some other open networks that cover
the Mall area which seem to eminate from the nearby office buildings,
but the Office of Campus Life cannot recommend you use them, as they
are independently operated."
[ love it.. "Independently Operated".. or beware of hacks! lol