[SGVLUG] Fwd: [Scale-announce] SCALE Gears Up!

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 11:06:04 PDT 2007

It was great to see Matthew and a few others out
at ITEXPO.

Re SCALE (socallinuxexpo.org)

On the SPOT Matthew!

Folks, seriously, having gone to a pile of conferences,
SCALE represents one of the BEST deals you will EVER
see.

Commercial type conferences will run $$$ for the
conference sessions. ( a full pass at ITEXPO for all
3 days was $1600-$2200.. a break of $4k/$5k for
upto 5 people, aka a company pass. )

variously linux/unix/open source conferences are
perhaps a bit more affordable, and also are very good.
( apachecon, oscon, LISA, etc.. references below )

--- Matthew Gallizzi <matthew.gallizzi at gmail.com> wrote:

Matti and I were discussing SCALE at the ITEXPO. The main
point that we'd like to get across is that SCALE is a
conference for all. It's one of the best conferences for
your money, I think.

[..]
----

other GREAT conference deals
toorcon http://toorcon.org/ ( I have not been there yet)

L7 conference in pasadena
( hmmm... they've had 2 in the past.. haven't found the
website .. )

while defcon is priced right,...it's a bit too crazy
and too hot (Aug in Lost Wages) from my experience
to learn much...

good open source/linux related conferences

LISA ($700-$860)
lots of unix/linux admin related subjects
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa07/registration/
[ if you're a student checkout the student price
[ deals.. very nice ;)

Apache Con ($1000-$1500..)
http://www.us.apachecon.com/

OSCON (in summer)