[SGVLUG] ITexpo some notes from

Matthew Gallizzi matthew.gallizzi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 01:20:07 PDT 2007

Hello Matti, nice to see you at ITEXPO. :)

The relationship between Asterisk + Trixbox, to my understanding, is that
basically Trixbox provides a web based easy to use frontend for asterisk
(among other things, SugarCRM, etc). Trixbox, if I remember correctly (I
believe Kerry said this at one of the previous LUGs), stores all the config
files in the database, and when you update something in trixbox... it
updates in the database, and then gets written to the config file
(overwriting whatever was previously there), and asterisk service is
restarted. We can confirm this with Kerry on Thursday, though.