[SGVLUG] Fw: [OT] Cummings paper on efficient driving

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 7 11:26:16 PDT 2007

given some recent [and some "long ago..."] discussions, I found this PDF to be interesting reading...

While not stated directly, I'd imagine the authors would cast a doubtful eye on "pulse driving" a big-rig...

[they do state this indirectly by mentioning that "rapid variation in speed" causes the highest loss of efficiency, and that "driving technique" can account for as much as a 30% variability of efficiency between different drivers]