[SGVLUG] cool article on some free games for Linux

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:16:33 PDT 2007

On 10/23/07, Emerson, Tom (*IC) <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
> > -----Original Message----- Of Robert Leyva
> >
> > Cool article on some free games for Linux
> >
> > http://www2.linuxjournal.com/node/1000435
> >

> Well... Along those lines, I'd like to direct people's attention to
>
> http://www.wormux.org/wiki/en/index.php
>
> Anyone up for a pre-meeting wormfest?  (I'll bring a hub/switch, you
> bring your own cable...)

What?  You guys didn't point out BZFlag?  Though I prefer armagetron or gltron.

My favorite version of the scorched earth type of games, ie similar to
worms, is Scorched 3D.   The terrain generator is pretty cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_3D

Hey, someone should do a light cycle type game with 3d terrain though
I guess w/o the grid, it ain't Tron anymore.  Maybe I'm thinking of
the Metaverse from Neil Stephenson's Snow Crash.