[SGVLUG] US falling behind .. internet infrastructure

Jeff Keys jskeys at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:10:27 PDT 2007

Not to worry; our government is getting right on it:

NASA Announces Plan To Bring Wi-Fi To Its Headquarters By
2017<http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nasa_announces_plan_to_bring_wi_fi?utm_source=onion_rss_daily>

:-)
jeff

On 10/11/07, Miguel Hernandez <migtek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great. First we fall to 50th in the world in school-age education & now
this. /sigh
> He mentions S. Korea. I wish he would've expanded more on the fact that
their home broadband penetration is something outstanding- 90%+, iirc. Why?
Because the government got involved & mandated it to be so, regardless of
location or socioeconomic status. He also mentions the imminent problem of
job loss in case we don't catch up. I'm not so sure that's completely
related as we're already losing many IT-related jobs overseas as it is. We
also have far less companies allowing their employees to telecommute.