[SGVLUG] "killer gaming NIC" runs embeded linux...

Christopher Smith x at xman.org
Mon Oct 8 01:00:21 PDT 2007

Sean O'Donnell wrote:
> Saw this earlier, found it rather interesting, albeit pricey...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2zy5zl

I actually saw these at Fry's today. The first thought going through my
mind was along the lines of.... "Gee, for $250 I get a dedicated 400MHz
processor that handles the network stack for me.... That seems much
better <sarcasm> than getting the $250 quad-processor 2.4GHz CPU......".

I think things like this are really only for hard core gamers that
really don't care about the money and frankly aren't considering that
for network games there are more than enough spare cycles on their CPU's
to handle the network traffic.

--Chris