[SGVLUG] Initrd question

John Lowry johnlowry at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 14:35:50 PDT 2007

In the process of rolling my own kernel I have run into a sticking
point. I want to building an initrd image so I can build my file system
drivers as modules, as well as my IDE drivers. I copy over the built
kernel, the System.map, and build the images using mkinitrd. When I add
those all to grub and try to boot, I get an error about not correct
root. I can post more when I try to boot again off the initrd. Any
suggestions? I am missing a crucial piece somewhere I think, because all
of my google results are not returning anything like what I am experiencing.